Thursday, July 14, 2011

Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread (Recipe found on food.com)

Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread. Photo by Hazeleyes
Bread
3/4 C Butter
1 (8oz) Package Cream Cheese
2 C Sugar
2 Large Eggs
3 C Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 C Mashed Banana (about 4 medium)
1 C Chopped Pecans (toasted) (I used almonds chopped up and some salt free sunflower seeds)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Streusel
1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 C Chopped Toasted Almonds (I used almonds cause that is what I had)
1 Tbs Flour
1 Tbs Melted Butter
1/8 tsp Cinnamon

Directions
1.     Preheat oven to 350
2.     Beat butter and cream cheese together with electric mixer until creamy
3.     Add sugar, gradually, and beat until light and fluffy
4.     Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended
5.     Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture beating on low to well blended
6.     Stir in bananas, pecans (nuts) and vanilla
7.     Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 loaf pans
8.     Batter will be thick
9.     For streusel: Stir together brown sugar, chopped nuts, flour, melted butter and cinnamon
10.      Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter in pans (I used a knife to kind of swirl it into the batter a bit)
11.      Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean I have found it takes more like 1 hour 15ish minutes
12.      Bread may be shielded with aluminum foil that last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning of streusel
13.      Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes
14.      Remove from pans and cool 30 minutes before slicing
For perfect slices, cut with a serrated or electric knife after cooling